Saturday, June 13, 2009

Time travel research continues

Hello, anybody...hope you had a good week, was planning a mid week post, but had a sleep depviation experiment ongoing, so was in no shape to follow up my Homer tribute,(yes Mom, I made that up, thanks for reading all those Dr. Suise books to me when I was a little boy!) I got some great news from Charissa,(via comment posting, go ahead check it out, one blog back, I'll wait...)so am all pumped up now! Once agien, great name, dose it sound how it looks?(in my mind its like "Charr-Risssa"with a little latino R roll going on there, is that close?) So, on to the meat of today's blog. A while back I hinted my couch maybe some sort of time machine, often(not always, but enough to make me believe) when I lay down to watch t.v., I'll dissapear, for like five or six hours, and in my place is some sort of bleary eyed, half life, sub creature. It occupies my couch, sweating and droolling all over the place, aswell as getting my favorite pillow all gooey, I sware it finishes off my leftover beer!(at least warms it up with sub creature back wash!)(yuck!) The wierdist bit, is when I'm coming back, and for several moments, the creature and I inhabit the same body! creepy, confusing, and sometimes painful. I snap awake, all is fuzzy, t.v. blarring some must have, wonder weapon, agienst unwanted hair, or transfats,or cooking unwanted hair in transfats, all while making millions in realistate from the comforts of your own home! Then, slowly, the feeling starts to creep back in, and for the first time I notice, the cool, wet, insantly clammy, leftover beer, that has amasingly remained balanced for like six hours, only to spill all over me, the second the bleary eyed sub creature makes its escape! So jump up, spill rest of beer on my feet,(of course,) peel off socks to be washed later, and then stub toes on coffee table!(moved by bleary eyed bastard, right into the way!) So this happens offten enough to make me believe, and as I've said, I've started my investegation into this.
O.K. Now this is the classic vision of the time machine, it as several features mine dose not. For instance, it has a control panel,(and I'll bet a beer holder as well,) with the abillity to go fowards, as well as back in time. So far with my couch, I only go fowards in time, not nearly as useful at all, and with no control, I tend to miss things, I might have liked to have seen. Another issue, is where ever I go,(when the sub lifer is in my place,) is not very restful, when I come back, I'll be still tired, but unable to get back to sleep, so will lay awake, in the coolest part of the night, cursing my sub partner, till its time for work agien.(thank god for weekends!)





Here is what my couch looks like, don't let its thirty year old hawaiian shirt charm fool you, once your feet hit the wrong spot, pow, your gone! So, I sent a sample into theFurniture/Time Travel Insitute of Technoligy, Canadian Branch,(I think it may accually be some guy named Barry, who must still live in his mom's bastment, but the web page sure looked impressive!) I'm still waiting for the results, as soon as I hear back from the F./T.T.I.T.,C.B., you'll be the first to know. On to the bacholer tips for the day.


Tip.)1Be lazy, (carefully) this tip is not a good idea, if you have a septic tank, where what you flush stays, but if like me, your on a system where you flush and it goes away, then you might want to try this. Small things, like bits of food, or coffee grinds, are easlly flushed, experiment with your system, and work up gradully,(do not try flushing turkey guts, right before your thanksgiving guests arrive,o.k.) but as I have to fill my coffee pot in the bathroom anyway's,(long story, tell you later,) I just dump out my reuseable filter into the toilet, and let'er go!(in my mind the guys at the treatment plant appreciate a little coffee, instead off pile after pile of...)
Tip)2 More of just a life thought, was watching video's and saw Sublime's bad fish. In this vid. is a guy whose t-shirt said,"Poor,Ugly,Happy." Now this got me thinking, I've alway's had at least two of the three, so maybe in accepting that, the third will come. Anyway's that's too deep for me, so I'll just go, hope to golf tomorrow, maybe post agien,(try to get to Delta agien, to see if that little half blind bunny is o.k.!)Latter DufferKev.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevin!
    Good post! Love the concept of the couch as a time travel machine. I too have thought that at times. Sit down put feet up and bam! It is like six hours later, nothing done but all the chips are gone LOL

    Keep up the good work. Look forward to the next!

    Later,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete