Friday, September 18, 2009

What Happens at the Cottage...



Well is soupose to stay at the cottage, then why invite me? I mean they knew I wrote a blog...Now I know its not halloween yet, but it's one of my faverite times of year, and any excuse to strap on the beer goggles(and dress up the dogs, right Lyn!)is good enough for me! You know its a good party, when even the dogs dont want to be reconized, thats Booh, by the way, the one one the right, I'm the lush on the left,(just in case we haven't met yet, although, we probably have,) This next shot is of the ladies decked out in their finest!(just kidding, although Fey did manage to look quite elegant(?)in that hat!) Thats Fey,(gee I sure hope I'm spelling that right, sorry if not!)on the left, Rose(cant screw this one up,) next to her, then the three little punkins, you all remember from last weeks exciting episode! Then my hostess,(and good freind)Lyn and Roses daughter Pollie on the right.(who, by the way, is a natural born dog walker, she walked Booh so far and fast, his little legs were just a wispy blurr, by the time we caught up, Booh was done, I'm sure he fell asleep in my arms on the walk home, the next few walks, he looks at me right from the start, as if to say, "look man, we both know your gonna carry my little ass home, so why bother with the caller/leash thiny, just carry me now! damit!" Tonight he was pretty frisky, and made it almost, most of the way home, before I had to lugg, his heafty 6lb. frame the last 300 yards.) So basicaly what happens is, I'm working the porch out back,(some call it frount, but do you drive up the back of your house, and have the lake out frount, or vicey vearsy?) and these three ladies breeze in, from parts unknown,(unrememberd! down south any way,) and are lugging in with them enough beer to make a frat boy say "DUDE!" The next few daze will be long rememberd in this humble bachleors often all too short term memory!(?) Now I'm getting use to eating way better, since moving back to Alberta, but this was over the top, seaveral large pots, full of assume things,(some I've never even heard of before,) each pot with enough for almost two day's worth on my old diet plan, and as the only man around, they seamed to think I should eat four times what they would, and some how still have that little room for pie! So this goes on for like 5 or 6 meals, one or two was a wonderful, mix up leftover, just add more cheese, kid of meal.(glad the new jacket Mom bought me is a little roomy!) So the day after they all leave, I fianally finish the porch, and get the cool nick nacks, pictures, and barnwood angles put all up.(White n Shiney!)
As a side job,(because lord knows I'm not busy enough as it is,)I've done a deck, and a hour or so after I finish it starts to rain, and as I past the mirror, I looked kind of like this, but all was well, I saw a few water spots, but not bad at all, whew!
So as you all know by now,(new readers, some(most)stuff carries over from blog to blog, so if some thing makes no sence, start at the begining, and all will be explained,)I've blinded my fair share(all accedental of course!)of furry little golf course critters, and I knew it was only a matter of time untill there was some form of payback, but this has kind of got me spooked! I mean I thought they might steal my balls(golf), or even bite my ankles, but this,..this is too much!(not enough to make me stop taken thier picture though, cute little buggers!)
Remember,(of course you do, you dont stand over a can of oil paint all day, do you? if you do...Stop it! its bad.)back a few blogs when I was telling you all, how to shave a strait mohawk by useing painters tape? The problem is strait dose not mean even, I had(a few months ago)shaved my hawk, more on the left side then the right, and didn't notice untill the next morning,on my way(late)to work, so the choice was to re shave, then be later, or just leave it till later. Of course I choose the latter option! This I could ware in two ways, strait, this way my head always looked tilted to the one side and it looked like I was always paying real close attention, to what ever you,(any one,)was saying to me,(of course with you, I really was paying close attention!)all the while, staring blissfully out the window, dreaming of golf, always golf. Way number two slick it over to the shorter side, this way it less noticeable,(note, this dose not count as a bachelor tip, so I'm still retired,) I still some times do this, even though now I'm all even,(I'm so level headed, I drool out of both sides of my mouth, at the same time!) The only problem I could see with this, is its somewhat like the hair sytle of hitler, you know after he went insain, let me demenstrait with little Hit n Boots here, notice the dramatic sweep, right to left, notice also the,"touch my squeeky toy, and your kaput!"look in his eyes, very scary!
So as I'm leaving one of the many over endulgent lunches, to go back to work, Pollie is settleing in to watch a 3 disk, Ren&Stimpy marathon, I cant tell you how many hours(daze) I joyfully wasted,(&was joyfully wasted my self, hehe!)watchen Ren&Stimpy, its so good to see some of the younger generation enjoying the classics! This ones for you Pollie. Any ways soon should be done the lake jobs, and will miss the wonderful walks down to the very peaceful lake,(when ever the dogs are quite that is!) and will soon have to find indoor work. Hope to golf again before the snow flies, still so nice today, but...Have a great week, DufferKev.

2 comments:

  1. The porch looks terrific. The costumes look like such fun - you even look like you are enjoying yourself. Hi to Fay, Rose, Polly and of course Lyn. Really made me wish I could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin
    Yeah see that's the trick to work, finding good people to work for! That's probably the only reason I did weddings for 10 years, I tended to find really nice people to work with, and they usually fed me and gave me beer.

    And yes, shout out to anyone who watches Ren and Stimpi :) I once saw that MTV was running a marathon... 2 or 3 hours a day, for a week, of all the episodes then known to man, including the forbidden episode. So I taped them all. Have to dig that out sometime and make a DVD or something. Happy Happy... Joy Joy :)

    ReplyDelete