Friday, September 11, 2009

Do do do, look n out my back door!

Well hello world! The above shot is not out my back door,(god I hope some of you are old enough to remember CCR!)it is of the 13th hole at Lacombe Golf and Country club,(sounds ritzy, and was nice, but they still let me in,)no the out my back door shot is below. This is saddly not my back door, but a very good friend of my mom's, named Lyn, who's cabin I'm in now painting. The weather is sunny Alberta, for now anyways, and Lyn,(the best boss in the world, by the way,)decided to blow off the afternoon, and take the whole crew(me)out for a moral building seminar at the local golf course, to be followed by the best meal this overwhelmed pellets ever (over)endulged in! I was not expecting this in the least, my clubs are gathering dust in mom's dog house,(where her dogs live, not where I spent my teenage years,)and I only brought work stuff,(well except for camo shorts, and they usally fall somewhat below the dress code,)I had no glove, no shoes,(golf shoes, that is, I don't run around bare foot you know,)and only three balls in the cubbyhole of my truck.(hey I might not carry condoms any more, but I've always got golf balls!) So Lyn surprizes me this afternoon with this golf trip,(she came allong to drive the cart, keep me entertained and check out the course, shes a fun cart driver, like Dazy Duke&Jesse James all rolled into one!)( oh thats Jesse James the stunt man, not the bank robber guy, although that would make for a fun evening news story, bearded golfer robbs bank, Lyn in getaway golf cart, beeeping away, stuck in reverse!, I know Moms laughing.) We got golfing around 4:45 pm, and only had one bad hole into the sun, blind drive with the ball, and the cart, but the warm breeze and beutiful surroundings were unbeatable! For my first Alberta golf, this was wonderful, nice rolling, somtimes hilly, course with well kept, fast green, and some how in this dry year, they had plenty of water!(no I somehow didn't hit it, came real close one time though.)


This shot on the left, is the same shot as the top banner, same time, just little differnt angle, The priarie sunsets are spectacular, with less smog, and no stupid buildings in the way, they are, well, real perdi.


So Iv'e been here for a while now, and Iv'e not seen one bunny, half blind or otherwise, maybe thier smarter, or the hawks are faster, then in B.C., but I did find this little guy, he looks bigger in the picture then in real life,(maybe his mommy kept bringing home golf balls for lunch or somthing, but he was tiny!)














From the looks of his flashbulbed retinas, I've gone and half blinded him too, unless he was the prototype, six millon loonie chipmonk? Any ways, this next picture, is a scary little(?!?)175yrd down hill, over water,(wheres this drought when I need it?)behind the tree, hidden pin, gum bleeding, par three, kind of shot. I thankfully hit one of my best shots of the day here, and flew over the tree, to a "I can't see it, but I hope it's still on the green!"finish, not untill we got around the bottom of the green, did I see that it was indeed a grand shot. Then I three putted for the boggie!(Not my putter, Not my fault! No, really as soon as Chris isnt around to take my $5, I just fold faster than superman on laundry day!, or lets just say, it was way too nice of a day to worry about what rented club did what!)(Did you ever hear my theory on how golf clubs are like girlfriends? they're pretty to look at, but way expensive! no thats not it, by the time I learn them, they'er all wore out, no, you shouln't hit other peoples, well thats a given, but no not that one either, how if you leave them at home, all alone too long, they'll bite you in the end, the next time you go out with them, you wont know what to expect, so how much worse is it to go out and have fun with a rented set? I mean if I was to leave a girlfierd at home and rent one, she might be upset, I think clubs are the same way,(&more loyal to boot!))

Any way, I don't remember what hole this was, like maybe 10, or so, just one of those, wow, cool, kind of shots, I guess I'm just not use to seeing trees with out buildings behind them.
So you remember before, when I mentend the best meal ever, well Lyn orders this platter thing, and it comes with salad, bread, baked potato, and well, oh my god, that!, I mean just look at it, I don't even know how many critters died for this feast! Needless to say, at least,3-4lbs. of this came home with us.








Not only did we have a great day today, but yesterday, we went down to the beach,(Yes I have managed to get some painting done, but thanks for asking,)and it was super nice in the evening. For some strange reason, we were the only people there, I'm not complaining mind you, it was kind of nice to have the whole lake to ourselves. So for those of you wanting bachelor tips, for right now, I'm unqualified to give any, maybe when my place is ready,(oh yeah, I'm also doing a complete reno on a 1969 trailer, thats a blog all onto its self, so all my spare time/money goes to that,)but for right now, my mommy washes my socks, the jiffy sock 2000, gathers dust,(yes I brought a empty peanutbutter jar 1500km across the rockies, so what, they might not have had peanutbutter in Alberta, better safe then sorry, my mom use to say, but now she washes my socks, so where'd that get her?)and I'm eating far to good, so when I get back into my own place, and start to slide back into unreptent oneness with the bean that is myself,(DufferKev no less!)then I'll feel quallifided to once again share my vast wisdom with the masses!(thats you!)And if any of you are worried I might be going through doggie withdrawl, since I can't get at any of mom's 8 poms, or 2 yard dogs,(or the sometimes neibours 3 strange dogs,)fret not, Lyn has three replacement poms for me to pet, usally when ever they want.

Ricky-Lyn is on the left, and little Boo, is the white one one the right,(I think his name works, cause he is the quite one, and then hes there, like BOOOO!)and little Ryley is in the picture to the right, she spins so fast, half the time I don't know witch end I'm petting! Both Ricky-Lyn&Ryley are daughters of my Moms poms, so I sort of reconize them. Any ways, its late, I ate too much,(thanks agian Lyn!)and Iv'e lots to do tomorrow. It was great to golf agian, hope more soon! have a great week, latter DufferKev.







































3 comments:

  1. That is a great Blog, Kevin! Makes me wish I was there to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin, you're getting some great shots there! We'll have to rig up a no blinding flash for your critter shots! Maybe could recycle the Jiffy2000 and make a flash defuser? That or we could get Oakley to sponsor Squirrel Sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carlin&Sam for the comments, Mom I know I have the stick, so no comments till sunday, Sam your welcome to come up and see it in person any time, but you'd better hurry this year, cause the snows a coming! Carlin, I think your over looking the 6million loonie chickmonk option, I mean you should have seen this guy move! But the rodent shades would be cute! latter Kev.

    ReplyDelete