Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Here, The Now...The There, The Then!?!

Hello, hello.(means more the second time.) My how time flies when your busy at a job you love! I cant believe its already been a month since I've been back at the golf course, but it is!(paydays on monday, we only get paid once a month, so it really means somthing when it rolls around!)
I love the shot above of the scraper in the pond, looks like someone parked the buggy in the wrong spot. Really the buggies in the right spot, the ponds just about a foot too high. This shot was taken from the road, in the fore ground is the 3rd fairway, and behind the buggy, is the 5th fairway, and green site.(the fairways are the black dirt, and the green is the sand circle just below the rusty building.)
If you look carefully, right in frount of the scrapers nose, you can see the dark muddy spot where I got stuck with the old tractor. On my first week back, sunk the tractor right up the the frame!(owed a 15 pack for that one!) Yesterday I scraped the shed wall with the skidsteer forks.(owe an 8 pack for that one!) At our work, you mess up you owe beer!(best job ever!) My buddy Dale(WinDale to some) had a light pole smash through his trackhoes windshield...his beer tastes the best!(Hey Dale, thanks once more for the bar-b-que on May long weekend, yummy!)
These three shots of the green, are from the 11th. Top pic, upperleft,(acrossed the pond,)is where the driving range will end up. I can't wait till thats open, as I need all the after work practice I can get! Cool flags huh? I've played hundreds of courses, and never seen flags like this! I like the way it's two flags doweled(?) together,(reminds me of the old navy signal flags,)(and not the old navy you'd get at the gap either.) The sticks are fibroglass top, and bottem, with African Rinowood center pieces. The reason it's on the 11th green? The 11th's right in the middle of the whole fenced off area, long way to walk from the road, just to steal a flag!(and don't you think about it either...there's gaters in them ponds, and massive barbed wire, with those razor thingy's on them, and gaurd towers, manned with trigger happy ex-mormins, and don't forget the killer bunny, with the long claws and white fangy teeth, and if you enter after dark, you will encounter an enchanter named Tim, and a bearded man with a staff, who will ask ye questons three, before the other side you'll see.....O.k. I just watched Monty Python's holy grail...but really don't steal the flag cause now that you've seen how pretty it is here...I'll owe soooo much beer!)(and the knights who say Nigh, want you to get them a shrubbery.)
Speaking of shrubberies(and I don't beleave I ever have before...)we had a big tree blow over in our yard recently. A few weeks back, just before the big spring skeeter hatch, or B.B.(before blood) we had lots of wind. Like days, and days, of 80, 90, 100km winds, then on one of the calmer days,(30-40km) the tree blew over. As you can see, it fell right next to the driveway. 90* to the east, it would have blocked the whole driveway, 180* to the south, it would have clipped the trunk of Mom's car, so I quess we got lucky.(now what to do with it, so far I just mow around it.) Well that just about catches you up with the here, the now, so lets get on with the there, the then! But before I leave the cyrstiline present for the bleary eyed past, I will tell you this. Our bosses said,(in frount of witnesses,)we can play the course this thursday coming up! The inagural! Openin day!(well for staff anyway's) First divits out of my freshly striped fairways...(put those divits back, and stay out of the tall grass...thats where them skeeter live anyways!) I'm really looking forward to that day, the last time we got to play was a real good time!
O.k., back to the Van. trip. When last we parted, I was standing in Delta golf course parking lot, thursday afternoon, sun blazing down on me, feet soggy, just having lost in poker to a man with one card,(is that even possible?) everybody on the same page now? Then foward!(and onward into the fog!)(stole that from a DirtBike mag. artical late 70's I think, remember DirtBike...it was cool!)(they had Crash 'n' Burn,)( guys just wipen out on dirt bikes with funny saying in ballons,)(good stuff!)
Thursday evening I went back to Shiela and Chris's place. Shiela is Chris's very cool wife, who I hope dosen't mind me borrowing this picture from her face book page, because it's much better then any that I have...I mean it's not like thier in witness relocation or any thing...although that would explain Chris's disquises! Yes that is him on the left, looking very much like a Norman Rockwell painting or something.(blow it up, you'll see!)  Wierd thing is this is his normal look, this was taken just last month, he just wanders into stores to mess with the kids heads...No, sorry, but it is his christmas gig, and from the legends I've heard, he is a very good santa!(and if you two are in WitPro, sorry I blew your cover...wouldn't be the first, but really no one reads this thing anyway's so you should be good!)
I can not say enough about the kindness from Shiela and Chris, taking me in and sharing thier Easter dinner with me was wonderful! When I think of how much it would have cost me to stay in a hotel, and eat out every meal, my vacation would have been about two day's instead of a week. So with out ferther adue, thank you both for your hospitality, and kindness, and I got a clean camper trailer with your name on it when ever you want to come golf Alberta!
Lucy is welcome to come visit too, this is Lucy on the left, a very friendly, loving Red Healer,(hope I got that right,) More then one morning I woke to wet Lucy kisses, it always made me laugh!(not a bad way to start any morning.)
Friday morning I was a bit stiff and sore from the drive, sleeping weds. night in the car, and thursday's golfing, so felt like a zombie day was in order. Chris is very like me in many ways, from our distrust of American forien policy, to our hatered of paying cable companies to watch comercils,(I havent watched any t.v. since the Masters last month, I may watch some Canucks stanley cup final though, all those years I lived there and that team sucked, now I'm gone for a couple years, and look at them go...hey, that gives me a idea...EVERY ONE IN VANCOUVER SEND ME ONE DOLLAR OR I'LL MOVE BACK AND THEN YOUR DOOMED, NO MORE PLAY OFFS FOR YOU!hehehe, even if it works on half them suckers I'll still retire happy!) So they have a large t.v. sized monitor hooked up to thier computer downstairs, and download full seasons of shows to watch almost comercil free, still the occasional short spot for a peanut butter cup or somthing, but much better then real t.v.
So after spending a day laying around catching up on all the cool shows I've been living with out, and stuffing my face with chips, I thought I better get out on saterday! After snooping around online a bit, I found out that just a few miles away was a Puddicombe designed par three, nine hole course named Heather Hills. Now if you remember,(or if I rememberd to tell you,)Puddicombes are the ones building CoalCreek too, so I know some of those guys!(good stories...ah mabe latter.) Real nice landscaping, close to town but with a gorge around three sides and goverment owned land on the other side, it was real quite and tranquil. Just what I needed. One of the cool things was a addmision fee kind of attitude, just pay $25, and play as long as you like, take a break after nine, then jump back in for another 9, or 18, or 27! I played 18, Chris split after 9, as he had to work latter that evening.(and took $2 more off me in the post 9 poker match!)
Look at those white legs, Me leaning on my putter like a wizzard's staff,(don't let me start asking ye questons three,)and Chris, in his best off season santa pose.(I told him he should wear the hat and boots at least...) I really liked this course, it was short, but I needed to work on my short game any ways. The greens were smooth and quick, very differnt then Delta on thursday. Thier motto was "Just like a championship course only smaller!" Lots of water, lots of deep bunkers to escape from, nice mountians in the back ground, and sunshine!
See those shorts I'm wearing? Because of last minute packing panic, these are the only dress code aproprate pants/shorts I had for the whole trip!(now as I gaze downward apon my scabby, and peeling legs from last weeks burn-a-thon, I almost wish I hadn't found all my other shorts, oh well, thier almost done healing now.)
Looking at these pictures today, I see all I needed was to wait a month and I would have the then, and the there, here and now, what I should have done was go in like feb. when we where still 5 months from green! That would have done my soul some real good! More next time on the amazing golf adventours! See the Clash of the Ducks! Hear of the Wind Swept Shorelines! Live the Panic of the Day the Honda Did Not Start!(don't worry, it all works out fine.) Latter DufferKev.

No comments:

Post a Comment