Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring...it has SPRUNG!!?




Well hello agien...is any one still there? Seams like just last week I was writing one of these, but turns out it was Jan. 23, WoW! where does the time go?(keep reading and you'll find out where some of my time went!)



Speaking of time, its spring time!(although my Mom, and the radio,(her station, not mine!)keep saying its still going to snow this weekend...I,(and my station,)hope only for a good rain. We sure could use a good long rain, the snows barly melted and already the fire ban is on. This spring feels better then my last 20 or so have. The differnts being, in Vancouver, the winter rain changes to a nice warm spring rain, and after a few beers, and the front nine at your favorite course...you don't even know(care)its raining! This year, the snow,(and angry guards,)have kept me off the courses all together, but now spring is here!(HA Ha) The wintery inches of snow melting away to reviel...dead, brown, dried up stuff every where!(we need rain, rain=green, green=golf, golf=sane kev!)

The shot on the left is Febuary,(I think...)and the one on the right is today, not enough snow in the left for there to be any green in the right! But I sure am enjoying the big blue sunny Alberta skies!


Is every body ready for the masters? It'll be nice for people to be talking about Tigers other wood for a change!(he he he...I've been saving that one for awhile now.) Its sad that in all this, no one has given any thought to the little one, life in turmiol, athority figures at each others throats, total house hold chaos, millions lost in future endorsments...but you know I gotta belive Frank will be ok, you know once hes out there, amonst his adoreing fans, fuzzy little Frank will be his old self once agien!(I know thats what I'll be watching for this weekend.) I even heard that Frank would leave Tigers bag if he didn't stop his carousing, but Im not into gossip...so you didn't hear it here first!

Now, for your review, a montage of beard. These next few shots are for those of you who either havent seen me for awhile, or have for some phycological reason been blocking out my image,(nice try...but I got through!)
While you puruse this gallary of the beard in all its glory, I'll tell you about the shelf full of crap that I moved across the mountins, just to have to build a shelf for here...to collect local dust!(some of the local dust has coal in it, why I bring that up now is a mystery even to me.) On this shelf of crap,(see top banner,) I have a brassish figurine of a Ben Hogan sort of guy, a p-47 thunderbolt, with retractable undercarrage, and detchable bombs! A Todd Bertuzzi bobble head, complete with simulated beard,(or is that coal dust?) My electronic "wax melter", next to that is my capt. Spallding bobble head, from the Rob Zombie classic "house of a thousand corpses" Then a nice big(old)bottle of Fiddlers Elbow,(may not even be drinkable any more, but I'm sure some cold winters night,(this weekend?)I'll resort to it. Next is Finn, cunucks mascot, I know I'm not there any more, but I'll still cheer for the nucks come play offs!(with no Alberta choice of course!) Next on the tour, is my scales of dissapointment,(reads about 7 right now), the Increable Hulk, and another as yet untapped source of desperation beer, Hobgoblin, a sneaky beer, kind of creaps up on you. Now we come to Buddy Christ, I had him for like 3 years before I even knew it was from a movie, I just thought,"He he, thats sacralisious!" Then another "wax melter"(just incase the first one breaks I guess.) Next is a stuffed golfer bear,(fuzzy putter, its just fun to say!)and Fozzie Bear dressed as an all star goalie,(thank you very much mcdonalds, they allways know what the world needs!) have you had enough yet? started skimming ahead to see when this dribble ends? don't blame you one bit. Any ways, next is my Jason bobble head, from the classic Freddy vs. Jason. Not making the banner,(as my shelf is wider then my lens,) is a figurine of lt. comander Data, a small, indoor, styrofoam, radio controlled helicopter, an aluminum beer bottle of Kick from Molsons, the only beer I've heard of with caffine! what a fine idea for those early tee times! Saddly, like most of my favorites, this was a limited time offer.(only because you people didn't buy it, Im only one man, they couldn't keep making it just for me you know.) (Really I drank as much as I could.) (I think I did more then my bit on this one...so, its your fault, there I've said it...probably your fault they canceled the McRibs too! ok, ok, I've said my piece, back to the boring tour.) Last item(of note)on the shelf of crap, is a large golf ball full of scotch whiskey. There are small planes and beer glasses but really thats it! whew!
So have you had enough time to soak in the beard? Do you have that image of me ingrained in your long term memory? Good, now forget it, because this is what I look like now!(like right now, same shirt and every thing.)

Even with no beard, still the same bleary eyed, 10am rockstar(wannabe)vacant look on my face, so next shot I tried opening my eyes wider, and now we have the"Oh I just stepped in my own bear trap!"look. At least with the beard there was some distraction going on, now just balding dumpy guy...
So you may ask what could have brought down such a mighty beard? a job. You remember last blog I said it was time to get back to work? Well it took a lot longer to get a job then I had thought, then when I had the job there was no energy left for the blog. Seams my resume needed work,(like me!) so my Mom punched it up a little,(when She was through with it I even needed a staple!)and some how made my lack of direction seam like a renaissonce man, instead of a multy facetted tool. And I scored a job! Now that you wrapped your brain around that one, and are used to that idea...I have no job any more. The only thing the boss and I agreed on was that I should not work there any more!(one of us had to go, and he had seinority...stupid pollitics!) So now I have no job, and no beard! Feel like a snake with a broken leg! I keep stroking the empty air in front of my face. Oh well, at least I stayed employed long enough for two checks, that should tie me over till a Good job comes my way
Now that I have some free time and some money, I'll start working on my house agien. Some things I need, some things I'll do with out. Like curtins, time to dig out the Bacheler tip of the week, if like me your newly renovated home has no place for the old, mouse peed on curtins, so carfully thrown into a heap 4 months earlier, and a window in your computer game room facing the sun, then, my friend, what you need is a slightly stained, spiderman beach towel!(and when the sun shines trough it, it looks just like one of those fancy back lite art thingy's! be the envy of your compound, be the first on your country block to have one of these handy devices! It keeps out sun, scares away common criminals,(and house flies!)and is guaranteed to keep you feeling safe...at least till dark, then sadly, your on your own.
Well have plenty more to tell, but it'll have to wait till next week,(like my new game, part golf, part easter egg hunt!) yes, I plan to blog in a week instead of 3 months, so I hope you all have a good one, and may golf be with you...amen!(sacralisious agien!) Latter DufferKev.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging. Let's hope your next job is a bit easier so you can still have energy to blog. And the golfing in the alfalfa field was giving you good practice for your Easter egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete