Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bleary Eyed Weekend Times 2


Well hello again everyone, I hope youv'e all had a good weekend. My weekend has been full! First off, I sold the WeasleMoblie,(and yes as it was driving away, I was a little sad, its been good to me!)I even got what I wanted for it! So it's gone on thursday afterwork, friday, I quite the crap factory,(I think both they and I will be happier this way,) put temperary insurance on my freshly DIY repaired LandCruiser, and went to play Delta golf course for super twilight.(only $18, best golfing bargin in the mainland!) I had a much better game, and took $5 from Chris, who unfortanetly, with no pars, was the donor this week. On my way home, I put $20 fuel in, enough to get me to Hope, where the cheaper fuel lives, and topped up my tire pressure,(some where dangerously low, like -35lbs below normal, what can I say, its been parked for 2 1/2 years!) for you see, my weekend was just begining, saturday morning, I was off, Edmonton bound! Some people have told me the Cruiser wouldn't make it, but it's only like 1240km.(I had a trip odometer on the way back, more on that cushy ride latter!) So it ends up the only cheap diesel I found, was in Edmonton,(after getting lost for almost an hour, and running almost empty, and almost losing my mind, I found a station, that I would have almost drove right past, if I had not gone looking for a station, almost funny!) The trip was very uneventful, overcast, and rainy all the way till I past Jasper, the the sun broke out, just in time to set. Unfortunatly, some where over the years, my taillights have shorted out, so after an 45 min. side of the road DIY fix it, I felt safe enough to finish the oddessy.(oddessy=epic journey, right?)

So sunday afternoon, my Mom falls under my bad infulence, and like me, wastes the nice sunny day, napping on the couch(possibly haunted, might have to check,) and watching golf, sorry Mom, welcome to my world. On to monday morning, Kev hops into his sweet new ride! Ok, only new to me, it's my Mom's cast off, a 98 Blazer! so by far the coolest I've ever called mine. Every thing is opposite to the Cruiser, gas, automatic, sealed windows/doors/roof, cruise control, smooth ride!(its almost too good, like some how it's not me!) So my Mom traded one piece of drive way art, for another.(I think we both traded up, the Blaze is cushier to drive, and the Cruiser is more intresting to look at!) Now I head back to Vancouver, what a differnt trip. The way back was more like a movie. The weather was much nicer, and with the cruise control set, I could just sit back in the comfy seats, and watch the view change. It was about 4 hours quicker on the way back, not only did I not have to look for diesel, but while the Cruiser was sometimes grunting it's way up a steep hill at a stately 70kmh, the Blaze just ignored the hill altogether!


So here are some shots I took on the way back,this first one is for all you bunny lovers out there, see I blind other animals aswell, most of these shots were taken out the drivers window, as I was going about 100kmh! somthing I would not have tried in the Cruiser! This next shot is of shale, I got stopped along with everyone else, for about 5min. while blasting was going on up ahead, so took a shot of the Blaze aswell. These are just random shots of lucky breaks in the trees/traffic, with some nice mt. scenary in the background. Remember earlier, when I told you I quite my job at the crap factory? Well I'm moving to Alberta, some time soon, going to uproot my self from my comfortable excitence, and start over, to try and make a better life for myself. Iv'e come to understand how expencive my life is here, and my ex-job was not covering all, so if I'm going to change jobs again,(at my age!)then I may as well change the expencive life aswell. This could be a mid-life crisis, or man-o-pause, if you will,(although I think me living till past 80 might be overly optomistic,)I think its for the best, and I'll be much better off in a few years then if I stay here. So that said, now my life is kaos! like I'm in two worlds, and have things to do to leave here, and thing to do to live there, so no Bacholer tips this week, sorry but have things to do. Will let you all know how its going, and the trip out again, plus I plan to golf a few more times before I go. Any way's, have a great week, latter, DufferKev.

3 comments:

  1. Must seem strange to post a blog at 10:47 am on a work day! Your pictures are great. They really add to your blog and let others see what you are seeing and telling about. Next blog from Alberta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking Blazer! You should see the Landcruiser in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see the Cruiser, I miss it! well see it again soon, thanks again, Mom, love Kev.

    ReplyDelete