Monday, May 31, 2010

Stream Exposed! inside the dirt by D.K.


Hey, Hey, every body, how it goin? Well I've had a pretty good week, thanks for asking. Although I'm not too sure about this week upcoming, see it started to rain pretty hard for a while on friday, then on saterday it snowed pretty hard, and from what I hear, sunday it did both for a spell. So now work is under a clay based soup, and we are stuck doing other things.(like today we got to drive a scisser lift around the shop to wash the cielings, and probaly for most of the week too!) Last time we had "rain days" at least we had a floor to install, and as promised, heres the proof!
This type of floor was pretty easy to work with, and pops together pretty quick, with the help of a hammer! It has a laminate top and compressed carboard like stuff, sandwitched between plasticy layers. All this means it can be cut with regular saws! Bonus! As you can see we have a plumming stack running right through our new lunch room.(most people around work call it our stripper pole!) Longer story shorter, floor is done, it looks good, bosses are happy!

Remember last month some time, when most of us did our taxes?(somthing most of you smarter people do reguarly, as to make it less pain full...mmmmm...food for thought!) Well I've not made all that much cash in the past few years, so have sort of put off the taxes thing. I vagely remember owing a bit a few years ago, so was trying to brace my self for the axe in the mail. Well holy sheep dip! Seems I owed more then I rememberd, and for longer then I thought. So my bill was almost $3500! This is the first time I've had more then $500 in the bank for the past 4 years, so I guess it seams about right.(like a slap in the face, with a ring on all five fingers, in a metal glove, dipped in acid, and a poke in the eye for good measure!) Oh well, its my fault for being so causual about the whole thing, its the intrest thats killing me. Maybe if I sent them a goverment sized tube of K.Y., it wouldn't hurt so much the next time they ream me! Hehehe, puttin the Mental back in Govermental, or should that be Govermenstal, would explain why thier bleedin me dry!(ooow, that one even tasted bad on this side, its not easy to offend your self, go ahead and try.)(I'll wait,)( if you do offend you self, drop me a line, I'd love to hear about it!)(Hehehe!)

Well its time for the indepth look at one part of the water feature at Coal Creek. This first shot is from atop a tee mound, the vista offers a panaramic view of the surounding course.(and is not quite nose bleed level.)





Scrambleing down the hill, past the pile of boulders I got to move with the Case loader,(I'll try to remember a picture of that beast for the next blog, I'm going to try to finish each blog in one sitting, the three day blogs are starting to get too long!)so when you hit a huge rock and your ball scuttles away to nevermore land, think of me! I arrive across from old coal processing equipment, this looks cool and will stay for course atmosphere effect.(and as a un-natural hazzard!)

Ever walk along a fairway and think how lucky they were to have a stream or creek running right where they needed it to be? Well I have, and now my innocents has be shatterd! This stream is all faked, it even runs up-hill now.(well it runs down hill, but the land runs up.)(did that help or just confuse you more?) This used to be the road where the trucks got loaded with coal, and as you can see it runs up to the main road, but the creek runs down that way now. The rocks are placed with the small back hoe, in just the right spot so the water will fill a small pond, then spill over in a gental water fall. After laying the floor too quickly, we got to help tamp the clay around the rocks, so the water will go over instead of under/around. There has been no water pumped into this stream,(well there has been now, an unplaned water fountian sprang up from where the hoe nicked a line, but because it was just going into the creek any ways, they left it go for a few days to break in the pump, or some thing. Sure was pretty though.)just the ground seepage, and now the rain. I like this last shot up the road, because if you click on the pic. to inlarge it, you'll see our trucks. Mine is the nose on the right, then in frount of it,(to your left,)is the track hoe, then the back end of the other truck.
My brother Carlin sent me the link to this B.C. comic. All you golfers will understand, and for all you vets or animal lovers, he's just trying to save the rapter, if it passed the ball through...it'd definetly be a dino-sore-ass!(apply laugh track here:)


Last thursday eve, I went golfing in the wind. Heres a thought, if your going to golf in Scottland, come pratice in Alberta first! It seems about 75% of the time its windy, and the other 25% is more of a gale. I played much better then the last time, and wasn't so tired. First hole, with a strong tail wind, helping to the left and everything...I hit the green! 328yrds. away! I kept looking for my ball, thinking where the hell am I, oh there it's on the green!(then I 3 putted, but still saved par, so thats cool, well better then 3 putting for an 8 any ways.)

Tip of the day: Say your a young rock truck driver, here's a helpful hint. Your truck is bouncy, don't pick your nose!(I think I touched my brain!)(it was squishy!)In fact try to keep you hands out of what I'll call the,"Punching your self out"zone. Also light shoes are good, its amazing the places you can kick yourself! Have a great week, latter DufferKev

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin
    Glad to see pictures of the trucks... dude, I'm Jealous!

    I think I might have actually laughed my ass off about your nose picker tip. hmmm, nope, ass still there, but I will be careful about drinking beer next time I read the blog, that was close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, I used to drive the pickup down that 'stream' to get coal! Can't wait to see the finished course and hope you get to take me golfing there a time or two. Bet your friends would enjoy a game and a tour of the place too. Sorry you had to learn your nose pickin' tip the hard way!!

    ReplyDelete