Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"From the place they call the ZOO!"


Good day all! So here I sit in the bright sun shine, writing the latest of the lost blogs, weeks behind agein,(I blame you of course!)in the outskirts of the town of Morinville. What I'm doing here is, house sitting for Lyn,(you all rembmber Lyn, whos cottege I repainted out at gull lake,)who is off galaventing around the warm part of the world,(with my mother,)and leaving me behind to sit her 4 dogs, and 3 cats,(one of witch is pure hell, from the second he wakes up, till, well I don't know if he sleeps really, yes Chris, Im talking of you,(hes laying above my head level now, just waiting to jump down on me, or the puter, witch ever,)other then Chris, all the critters get allong well, and are peacful.)
Chris has decided to strech out in the sunshine and sleep,(instead of jumping on my head,)so I feel safe enough to keep writing this! The only bar left in town here is called the Zoo, but I think if they spent any time here, they'd give up the name!
The shot on the left, and the top shot, are of a foggy cold day, out my frount door. The warm air from the south, meets the cold ground, and the moister in the warm air freezes, and presto! we get ground fog! Frozen little air mollicules, floating around, neat.
So maybe its because the Vancouver winters were so ugly,(like always wet slushie, dirty snow,)but Id forgotten how pretty winter out here is! These are some midnight shots, of the frost coverd branches. Kind of looks like coral reefs or somthing,(I really got these off the coast, 35 feet down, while looking for nemo! stupid little fish!)
This one just reminded me of a cool hellowen type shot,(BoooHaaaHa!)just out side my bedroom window, my outside light, makes it glow with a creepy kind of shine, all night long!

So I moved into my house, on I think the 26th of dec. So these shots,(and the entire blog for that matter,)are old news, so to say, these shots are of the finished waynes coating.

I still have to do the finishing trim, and fill/caulk the windows, and door. I just bought a paint sprayer,(well 2, but the second ones tiny!)so will cut all my trim, then spray it all instead of the roller/brush trick.

Here is a shot of my new looking dresser, witht the new shelves above it. The dumb thing was, my waynes coating was thicker then the stuff I first thought of using, so I had to trim off an half inch off each of my newly painted dresser drawers.(oh well, they still open and close, and now are full to bursting with all my clothes! and that new shelf is full to the ceiling with clothes, seams some where along the line, I got too many clothes! also too bad is that I found the army surplus store here, I bet they got cool pants there!)



These next few shots are taken by my Mom, she was trying to kill her batterys before the vacation,(lucky girl!) so she got a couple of great shots of the close up kitties! First is Muligan, look deep into the light, you are getting sleepy, you will no longer wreck the house, youre a goldfish, trapped in an invisable, mine like fish tank! when I snap my fingers...

Now this shot is just plain creepy. Never have I seen Slice look more like a rat! and those zombie like dead eyes! just horrific! Nice job mom!




Now we come to the part of the blog I'll call "Red Neck Fun!" Remember a few blogs back, Punky the ho master? the guy with all the upsidedowntreedeadcow art on his yard? Well some time around "Jolly do gooder day" on an afternoon in the -20s somthing, Punky shows up with his boat!(now why he even has a boat when we're may miles from the nearest water, is beyond me.)
So on the frount of the boat is a chain, and on the other end is an old ford pickup. This is the fun part, you put the women and children in the boat, tell them this well be safe, then drag them at an ludicrious speed trough feilds and slews, untill the frount of the boat tares out, and all the riders are stranded out in the middle of nowhere!(see I told you this was fun!) My mom took thses shots as well, I was out side all morning so was too frozen to get my camera. All aboard the S.S.Snowplow!










It looked like Spotty and Magoo wanted to go along, they would have been better on the walk back!
Well, thats it for the old news, next week, I'll give you the last weeks news, then we'll all be almost caught up! Latter all, DufferKev.

No comments:

Post a Comment